- Modelling of the long-range transport of air pollutants and forecast of smog caused by long-range transport of sulfur dioxide.
- For the information agency on environmental research of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) located at ITAS, supervision and scientific support of the negotiating process within the Framework Convention on Climate Change. Comparative assessments on international global change research. Dealing with the history of the awareness regarding climate change and the historical development of climate modeling in context with the project “Klima und Küste” (Climate change and coastal areas). Revision of this historical works for a main focus of TATuP, “Climate Engineering”.
- Development of a set of sustainability indicators for the HGF project “Global Sustainable Development - Perspectives for Germany” and the IPTS project “A Methodology for Appraising the Sustainability Implications of EC Initiatives: The Integration of Economic, Societal and Environmental Aspects”.
- Participation in different projects relating to material flow analysis. Firstly, in the project “Analysis of the distribution of selected heavy metals due to waste management measures in order to achieve a material flow oriented waste industry”. Subsequently, doing scientific work regarding the climate impact of the production and use of new materials (as carbon fiber composites in a strategic project funded by HGF - “Analysis of the Environmental Impact of Manufacture, Use and Disposal of Carbon Fiber-Fuselage Components of Commercial Aircraft” and, additionally, Celitement as a new type of green cements, developed at the KIT).
Dipl.-Met. Gerhard Sardemann
Research group “Sustainable Bioeconomy”
Phone: +49 721 608-22734
gerhard sardemann∂kit edu
Institut für Technikfolgenabschätzung und Systemanalyse (ITAS)
Fields of work
- Staff member in the project “Inter- and transdisciplinary approaches to develop strategies for increasing the resilience of trees in growing cities and urban regions (GreenLung)”
- Staff member in the project “KoOpRegioN - Kommunale Kooperationsoptionen für die nachhaltige Flächennutzung”
|until 1983||Studies of meteorology and oceanography at the Institut für Meereskunde (now GEOMAR) in Kiel. Diploma thesis “Correlation analysis of temperature time series taken at three buoys during Jasin 78” (supervisor: Prof. Dr. L. Hasse, advisor: Prof. Dr. H. Graßl)|
|since 1983||Member of scientific staff at ITAS|
|since 2004||IT administrator of ITAS|