The main objective of the WORKS project (Work Organisation and Restructuring in the Knowledge Society) is to improve the understanding of changes in work in the knowledge based society, their driving forces and their implications for the use of knowledge and skills and the quality of life. The research objective will be achieved through a comprehensive program of research involving several disciplines and in several countries.
These goals will be achieved through the following means:
- Integrating the knowledge on changes in work in the knowledge-based society
- Assessing, improving and furthering the exploitation of existing quantitative data sources of the National and European Statistical System, including the development of a roadmap and related initiatives for more convergence of instruments to measure changes in work on the European level
- Innovating the knowledge on changes in work and the quality of life by carrying out qualitative research on work organization, use of knowledge and skills and quality of working life in selected business functions or activities at organizational and networks level
- Innovating the knowledge on the implications of changes in work in the knowledge-based society by conducting qualitative empirical research at the individual and household levels, analyzing aspects of quality of work, time use, learning and occupational identities
- Contributing to extending insight into the future of work by developing appropriate forecasting methods