New publications: The results of the discourse project "Scenario-workshops: Futures of green genetic engineering" are available online. [05.03.2010]
The discourse project "Scenario-workshops: Futures of green genetic engineering" was undertaken by the Institute for Technology Assessment and Systems Analysis (project leader) in cooperation with the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences und funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (Project Management Agency Health Research) in the frame of "discourse projects on ethical, legal and social aspects of modern life science".
Four scenario-workshops with students from different disciplines and one scenario-workshop with sixth former were organised in the context of the issue "futures of green engineering". In the workshops, the participants assessed possible future developments and the resulting potential conflicts. Development and test of the new discourse approach with lay people was a key element of the project.
The project was completed in October 2009. The project results are documented in:
- Final report - Overview about all results of the discourse project (available only in German),
- Fact sheets - Comprehensive informfation on topic green engineering (available only in German),
- Workshop report - Evaluation of the scenario-workshops, including political and methodological conclusions (available only in German),
- Guideline - Manual for the organisation of scenario-workshops (available only in German)
- Analysis of the online survey (available only in German).
All documents can be downloaded on the project homepage.