Studies in agricultural science at Justus Liebig University Giessen, German university degree "Diplom" in 1983; PhD in 1988; habilitation in 2004 in the research area of agriculture and resource economy (habilitation thesis "Technikfolgen-Abschätzung im Bereich Landwirtschaft und Ernährung" (technology assessment in agriculture and nutrition); associate professor (Privatdozent) at Justus Liebig University Giessen, Faculty 09 - Agricultural Sciences, Nutritional Sciences and Environmental Management since 2007.
|1986 - 1990||Member of scientific staff in the secretariat of the Enquete Commissions “Technology Assessment” of the 10th and 11th German Bundestag|
|1990 - 2003||Member of scientific staff at the Office of Technology Assessment at the German Bundestag (TAB)|
|2003 - 2005||Member of scientific staff in the secretariat of the Science and Technology Options Assessment (STOA), European Parliament|
Entry at ITAS, fields of work
November 1990 to July 2003 member of scientific staff of TAB. Since May 2005 senior scientist at ITAS. Focus of scientific work:
- Technology assessment in the area of green genetic engineering
- Sustainability in agriculture and nutrition
- Sustainable intensification of agricultural production and development pathways of agriculture
- Energy crops and resource competition
- Methodology of technology assessment
Current projects and responsibilities
- Project leader of the MWK-project “Systems analysis on goals, visions, value chains and implementation steps of a bio-economy in Baden-Württemberg” (in the frame of social and ecological accompanying research on the research programme bioeconomy Baden-Württemberg)
- Project “The concept of bio-economy – Reflections on the theoretical background, goals, visions, and expectations”
- EU-Interreg-project “Biomasse OUI – Innovations for sustainable utilization of biomass in the Upper Rhine Region”
Transforming the bio-based sector towards a circular economy - What can we learn from wood cascading?.
2020. Forest policy and economics, 110, Article: 101872. doi:10.1016/j.forpol.2019.01.017
Modern biotechnology and sustainable intensification: chances and limitations.
2019. Agricultural Resilience – Perspectives from Ecology and Economics. Ed.: S.M. Gardner, 159–179, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK. doi:10.1017/9781107705555.009
Rezension zu: Using Energy Crops for Biofuels or Food: The Choice. Von A. Paschalidou, M. Tsatiris, K. Kitikidou, C. Papadopoulou.
2019. Chemie - Ingenieur - Technik, 91 (8), 1198. doi:10.1002/cite.201970809
Pflanzenschutz und moderne Agrartechnologien in der Gesellschaft: Ebenen kontroverser Debatten.
2018. Zukunft des Pflanzenschutzes : Wissenschaftliche Tagung des Dachverbandes Agrarforschung, Berlin, 5.Oktober 2017, 74–87, DLG-Verl., Frankfurt a.M